Download Official Flier for more details: Webinars for Tribal Nations Proposed ESA Revisions Invitation_FINAL
What: The U.S Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Fisheries Service (NOAA) (together the “Services”) invite you to provide your input at one of three identical informational webinars regarding proposed regulatory revisions to strengthen the Endangered Species Act. The proposed regulatory revisions that will be discussed include:
• FWS’ proposal to rescind the 2020 regulations that revised the process for considering exclusions from critical habitat designations (4(b)(2) regulations; 85 FR 82376,
• The Services’ proposal to rescind the 2020 regulatory definition of “habitat” (regulatory definition of
“habitat”; 85 FR 81411, December 16, 2020);
• The Services’ proposal to revise the 2019 regulations for listing species and designating critical habitat
(listing and critical habitat regulations; 84 FR 45020, August 27, 2019).
• The Services’ proposal to revise 2019 regulations for interagency cooperation (section 7 regulations;
84 FR 44976, August 27, 2019);
• FWS’ proposal to revise the 2019, 4(d) regulations (84 FR 44753, August 27, 2019) to reinstate protections for species listed as threatened under ESA.
The set of proposed actions follows Executive Order 13990, which directed all federal agencies to review and address agency actions completed during the last four years that may conflict with current administration’s objectives, such as addressing climate change.
Please register in advance for a webinar using the following links. Once you are
registered, additional information on how to access the meeting will be sent to you.
Thursday, July 15, 2021 12:00 pm (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time
Registration Link: https://noaanmfs-meets.webex.com/noaanmfs-meets/j.php?RGID=rf0bd0a68087c7f0e87dbfc808d7f068e